For more than 60 years, Covestro has maintained a leadership position in the innovation and quality production of extruded thermoplastic products. As one of the world’s largest polymer companies, Covestro focuses on the manufacture of high-tech polymer materials and the development of solutions for both extraordinary and everyday products.
Covestro offers a broad range of film materials for a variety of markets including architectural, security, transportation, industrial, sign, and recreational. These films are ideally suited for safety, performance, and aesthetics include polycarbonate films, polyurethane films, as well as TPU films.
Makrofol® films are the workhorse of Covestro’s film products and is extremely versatile with different types of Makrofol films each offering their own strengths. Makrofol is available in multiple transparencies or opacities with numerous colors, finishes, thicknesses, and coating options available including UV protection or anti-scratch. The films also offer good stiffness, and outstanding electrical insulation properties, as well as abrasion and weathering resistance. Makrofol films can be formed cold or hot and enables high-quality printing through both standard inks and digital printing.
- Versatile: Customized solutions for specific applications available.
- High heat resistance: Tough and elastic over a wide temperature range.
- Transparent: Enables top quality printing and allows maximum design freedom.
- Good optical and thermal properties: Great for lighting products of all kinds.
- Durable: Resistant to abrasion, weathering and chemicals.
Dureflex® polyurethane films represent a wide range of polymer compositions with outstanding mechanical, chemical and thermal properties. They are noted for their mechanical strength as well as being highly extensible and flexible in cold conditions. Dureflex films can improve post processing efficiency and product performance of numerous processing techniques including lamination, welding, thermoforming, and back-foaming.
- Durable: Resistant to chemicals, moisture, and abrasion
- Tough: Well known for mechanical strength
- Versatile: Potential applications are virtually unlimited
- Flexible: Elastic and flexible, even in cold conditions
- Bio-compatible: Suitable for medical applications
Bayfol® engineering thermoplastic films offer a complementary portfolio of properties to existing polycarbonate films. Customized features providing the perfect performance and functionality for specific applications.
- Thin and lightweight: Complex optical functions can be recorded in a single thin layer
- Highly versatile: Multiple optical functions can be multiplexed in a single thin layer
- Fully Transparent: Completely invisible in Off-Bragg conditions
- Fits your needs: Tailor-made solutions for B2B customers optionally with technical advisory
- Industry ready: Suitable for roll-to-roll industrial recording process
Piedmont Plastics has been a valuable long-term, authorized distributor for Covestro products. Together, Piedmont Plastics and Covestro are committed to meeting the challenges and providing the solutions that our customers have come to expect. Contact your local Piedmont Plastics branch and ask your rep about which Covestro film products could be right for your application today.