- KYDEX 101
Capped sheet for electrical sign applications that require UL compliance. Eliminates painting required with other materials.
KYDEX® 101 is a proprietary alloy sheet capped with a weatherable
cap for applications such as electrical signs requiring UL
compliance. This sheet is recognized by UL as meeting UL Std 746C
and UL Std 94 V-0, 5V. Since the substrate is white, it eliminates
the need for painting the inside of sign cans, which is required
with other thermoplastics and with metal. It offers outstanding
thermoformability, impact resistance, weatherability, and
• Rigidity: KYDEX® 101 is more rigid than most other
thermoplastics resulting in parts that will deform less when
• Breakage Resistance: With Notched Izod impact
resistance of 18 ft-lbs./in (953 J/m), KYDEX 101 offers unsurpassed
resistance to breakage.
• Weatherability: The cap offers excellent weatherability
for use in outdoor applications.
• Thermoformability: Excellent forming properties result
in uniform wall thicknesses and crisp detail. Machining and
fabricating can be easily done with conventional methods; further
expanding finished part possibilities.
• RIPH: KYDEX® sheet is endorsed by the Royal Institute
of Public Health for conformance to the standard of Hygienic